front page two visa | study permit | Visa

I want to study for less than 6months. Do I need a study permit?

All information provided are directly from IRCC
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

No, you don’t need a study permit if your course or study program lasts less than 6 months. You must complete your course or program within the time you’re allowed to stay in Canada.

Even if you don’t need a study permit, you may want to apply for one. If you want to work while you’re studying, or you decide to study longer in Canada, you’ll need a study permit. You must be studying at a designated learning institution to get a study permit.

If your main reason for coming to Canada is to study for more than 6 months, you must apply for a study permit.

If you decide to apply for a study permit while you’re in Canada

Only some people can apply for a study permit from inside Canada. You may need to apply for your study permit as though you’re outside of Canada. You may need to leave Canada to go for an interview. If you do, make sure you bring all the documents you need to both enter the other country and to return to Canada.

Date modified: 2019-08-27 by 
IRCCImmigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *