Fredericton Christian Academy (FCA) is more than just a school – it offers a number of different programs that fall outside the traditional academic realm. The Academy offers early childhood and after school care, kindergarten to grade 12 education, international programs, and ESL camps. So, whatever the international student is interested in pursuing, it’s likely FCA has it for them!
FCA is located in Fredericton, the provincial capital of New Brunswick – a safe and beautiful area of Canada’s Maritimes. Fredericton is situated along the banks of the beautiful Saint John River. Additionally, Fredericton is an important educational and cultural center for New Brunswick. So, the capital is home to two Universities (the University of New Brunswick and St. Thomas University) and home to the Beaverbrook Art Gallery, The Playhouse, and numerous international music and craft festivals.
FCA at a Glance
- FCA was founded in 1978
- Classrooms, labs, gymnasium, and outdoor athletic area are on site
- Teacher to student ratio is 1:16
- FCA teachers have qualifications and commit to treating all students with respect and strive to help students reach their full potential
- All FCA teachers have two or more degrees
About the School
Fredericton Christian Academy (FCA) is an independent university preparatory school in Fredericton, New Brunswick. It is approved by the New Brunswick Department of Education. To bein, FCA is founded on the belief that young men and women thrive in a safe, nurturing and rigorous learning environment. An environment where they are encouraged to confidently think, express themselves and ask critical questions. Next, FCA offers a unique university preparation program where faculty doors are always open, and students are part of a larger school “family.” Also, FCA is committed to fostering the intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and creative potential of students through a supportive and challenging community.
So, FCA provides a number of programs and services to students and families of all ages and backgrounds: Below are the services available:
- Early Childhood Care Program: 6 months to 5 years
- Pre-Kindergarten: 3 to 4-year-olds
- After School Program
- Elementary School
- Middle School
- High School/ University Preparatory: AP Courses available
- Dual Enrolment Program with UNB & STU
- Full-year International Program>
- Summer & Winter ESL Camps
- SAT Test Centre and AP Test Centre
- TOEFL Training and Assessment Centre
- IELTS Training and Assessment Centre
- International Family Program
Students have the opportunity to participate in co-curricular activities:
- Athletics – basketball, softball, ultimate frisbee, badminton, volleyball, skiing, snowboarding, golf, tennis, mountain climbing, camping, soccer, cross>country, swimming, and track & field
- Arts – choral singing, instrumental music, drama, theatre, voice, painting, drawing, dance & sculpture
- Technology – robotics, coding, programming, graphics, and design & technology.
So, close to 100% of FCA graduates continue their education at top universities/colleges worldwide. Moreover, recent graduates have successfully been accepted to McGill University, Mount Allison University, University of Toronto, University of Western Ontario, Dalhousie University, University of New Brunswick, St. Thomas University, Simon Fraser University, Indiana University, and Baylor University.
Further, FCA’s graduating class receives over $100,000 worth of scholarships every year, with each individual student averaging approximately $10,000.
>Dual Enrolment Program
- FCA has teamed up with two national universities – The University of New Brunswick (#4 in Canada as per Maclean’s Rankings) and St. Thomas University.
- Students earn both high school credits and university credits for courses taken through this great program.
- Students have a wonderful opportunity to learn and experience university while still in high school.
- The Dual Enrolment Program allows for accelerated high school and university graduation.
- Students are able to take university credit level courses for FREE, as these credits are a part of their FCA program.
- Credits earned through the dual enrolment program can transfer to other top universities across Canada and around the world.
>Advanced Placement (AP) Program
- Here, students have a wonderful opportunity to learn and experience university-level courses on the FCA campus.
- Students can earn both high school credits and university credits for courses taken through this great program.
- FCA is a College Board AP Test Centre which allows for students to academically challenge for the AP credit on the school campus.
- Moreover, the Advanced Placement Program allows for accelerated high school and university graduation.
- Students have a broad variety of AP course options including Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Computer Science, English Literature, Macroeconomics, and Physics.
- Also, credits earned through the Advanced Placement Program can transfer to other top universities across Canada and around the world>
Full-year International Program
First, FCA’s full-year program prepares students for academic success in secondary school and university. The program covers all subject areas while improving students’ English reading, writing and speaking skills.
There is no better way to learn about Canadian culture and the English language than to live with one of FCA’s homestay families. In addition, all students have their own living space, including a well-designed room, study area, and 3 balanced meals… all within minutes of the school campus. Further, all families live in excellent neighbourhoods and are extremely caring.
International Family Program
FCA’s International Family Program offers students from Kindergarten to Grade 5 an opportunity to study in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. So, this program invites families to accompany their children for this English immersion program. Additionally, FCA offers a caring and nurturing learning atmosphere. Students will have English tests and develop accordingly while being part of the full school program.
Also, international students will have full ESL and academic support. When necessary, academic expectations change to accommodate student’s language challenges. In addition, students will make new Canadian friends become familiar with the Canadian education system, learn about new cultures and improve English proficiency.
Next, FCA will work closely with parents and agents to find wonderful living accommodations near the school, explore different modes of transportation, set up bank accounts, and adjust to the local area. Moreover, the settlement process includes airport pick-up, finding housing, support with vehicle purchases, insurances, community programs for parents, and various other items.
FCA is the Place to Be
The Fredericton Christian Academy is an outstanding institution on Canada’s east coast, offering a number of programs for current and prospective international students. Students that are young can come with their families while studying in New Brunswick! FCA is available to students of any age, so they can start perfecting their English quickly and integrating into Canadian life should they so choose to.