The University of Lethbridge is a comprehensive and research-intensive university founded on the principles of liberal education where inspired teaching is emphasized within a personal and interactive learning environment. It is truly a place where student engagement in learning, creative activities, and research takes place every day. Further, the University of Lethbridge is a school that demonstrates its trust in international student potential by offering admission to those with lower IELTS scores as well.
The university’s motto, Fiat Lux (let there be light), refers to the illumination that comes from research and learning. Both undergraduate and graduate students work alongside researchers in a highly supportive and multidisciplinary environment. This environment focuses on liberal education, something amazing to be a part of.
Founded in 1967 on traditional Blackfoot land, the University of Lethbridge is one of Canada’s top-ranked universities and leading research institutions. They are one of the province of Alberta’s four comprehensive academic and research universities.
The City of Lethbridge Overview
Located in the heart of southern Alberta, Lethbridge is a place where ideas flourish. A city since 1906, Lethbridge is a growing community of just over 100,000 residents. The city’s economy has historically been in agriculture but has expanded into a thriving industrial, commercial, research and technology hub. Lethbridge’s major employers are in the education, health care and government sectors.
Lethbridge is known for its bright sunshine (more than 320 days per year), warm summers, and mild winters thanks to our semi-arid climate and Chinook winds. The Oldman River divides the north and south sides from the west side. The river valley’s coulees are home to one of North America’s largest urban park systems. With over 240km of trails, enjoy walks, runs and bike rides throughout the city. Adventure is only a short drive away! Experience hiking, camping, skiing and more just outside Lethbridge.
International Applicant Requirements
Applicants from other countries must present qualifications comparable to those of Canadian applicants:
- Applicants who have completed secondary qualificationsin other countries will be considered for admission under the High School Admission Route.
- Those applying to undergraduate programs who have completed post-secondary study will be considered for admission under the Post-Secondary Admission Route.
- hose looking into master’s programs should note the admission requirements for the country in which their undergraduate study was completed.
Language Requirements for University of Lethbridge
One of the biggest advantages of the University of Lethbridge is that they offer much lower IELTS requirements than other institutions. This is great for those who have difficulty with English and who are still working hard at developing their skills.
- IELTS test with a minimum overall score of 6.0, and a minimum 6.0 in each band.
- TOEFL (iBT) with a minimum total score of 80, with minimum scores of 16 in each of Listening, Reading, and Speaking, and a minimum score of 18 in Writing.
- IELTS test, taken within the last two years, with a minimum overall score of 6.5, and a minimum score of 6.0 in each band.
- TOEFL (iBT), taken within the last two years, with a minimum overall score of 86.
Programs Available at the University of Lethbridge
The University of Lethbridge offers 150+ undergraduate degree programs. Some of their popular programs include:
- Bachelor of Management (10 majors including Finance,Accounting, Marketing, HR & Labor relations)
- A Bachelor of Science (Neuroscience, Computer Science, Psychology)
- A Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Health Sciences and the Bachelor of Fine Art
As well, the University of Lethbridge is the only university in Alberta to offer arts and science co-op work experiences for every major at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. This is a great advantage for students looking to build their resumes and get work experience before entering the job market.
The University of Lethbridge is the place where student potential transforms into action and leadership. Further, international students can even get in with a lower IELTS mark, proof the University believes in your growth. And, no matter what the student wishes to do, students can find something for them at the University of Lethbridge.