About The Institution
Toronto School of Management (TSoM) is a college that offers career-focused programs in business, hospitality and tourism, big data, cybersecurity and accounting. The institution provide relevant programs which ensures that students meet the demands of the evolving job market.
Diploma in Cybersecurity Specialist Co-op
Want to tackle cyber crimes or improve Cybersecurity? This one-year program is ideal for those looking to be involved in various of cyber security technologies such as blockchain, big data and the IoT (Internet-of-Things). The CompTIA accreditation is associated with this program, giving you the foundation towards the Security+ certification.
Skills you develop
- You will learn to use tools such as Cryptool, Wireshark, Zenmap, nmap, Burp Suite, Snort, TCPdump, OpenVAS and OSSIM
- Python programming language, SQL, Hyper-V, mobile simulator/emulators to perform cybersecurity lab experiments
- Evaluate risks to determine how security policies and protocols can be improved
- Foresee information security risks and implement new ways to protect servers, computer systems and networks
- Handle networks across multiple operation systems
- Respond to security alerts, discover and fix loopholes in computer systems and networks
- Utilize technologies to perform or prevent cyberattacks of various types
CompTIA is the most recognized accreditation in the industry. As it issues professional certifications in over 100 countries. The Cybersecurity Specialist Co-op program gives you a strong foundation towards the Security+ certification which is recognized by employers.
The Co-op term integrates academic learning with related employment experience giving you the opportunity to sustain a career in Cybersecurity. Students will have the opportunity to even complete a Capstone project.
The co-op work experience could include the following positions:
IT Support Desk Specialist
Information Systems Analyst
After Graduate Opportunities
Graduates of this diploma may pursue career opportunities under NOC 2171:
- Informatics security analyst
- Systems security analyst
- Security administrator
- Security software developer
The median wage for Cybersecurity specialists is $39.42 per hour.
Learn more about TSoM capstone project.
Read more about Cyber Security Administration Career.