Have you ever thought of living in another country? Recently, there is an increasing number of undergraduate graduates considering Post-Degree Diploma (PDD) or Post-Baccalaureate Diploma (PBD). Some of the benefits that attract these applicants including seeking jobs, changing majors at school, improving their EE scores, and applying for a Master’s degree.
What is PDD?
PDD stands for Post-Degree Diploma and it is designed for students who want to continue their study in a specific field. Here are four main benefits that attract their applicants the most.
- The admission requirement is low. The GPA required for the post-graduate diploma is lower than a Master’s degree. For most post-secondary institutions, students are not required to possess an undergraduate or college diploma or have any related work experience. PDD will offer students to study in the language centre if they have not reached the language requirement.
- The employment rate is high. As PDD emphasizes basic knowledge and professional skills, they offer courses that are recognized by the government. Therefore, the employment rate in North America is very high.
- Earning EE scores. Students will be able to earn extra EE scores with a “post bachelor’s degree”.
- Short duration. Post-Bachelor Diploma is operated by Canadian colleges and universities. Both PDD and PBD can be completed within two years, and both can be employed to apply for work permits.
With so many options in Canada, which one fits me the best?
Douglas College is one of the historic public colleges in BC and has always been favoured by international students with its excellent reputation.
Since Douglas College opened a post-baccalaureate diploma, more students choose PDD courses in order to further their studies and create better employment. Douglas PDD courses are offered in the following fields:
Commerce & Business Administration
- Accounting Studies
- Business Law
- Data Analytics
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Planning
- Global Banking and Economics
- Hospitality Marketing
- Human Resources Management
- Hospitality Management
- Hospitality Services Management
- International Business Management
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Health Information Management
Science & Technology
- Computer and Information Systems (Emerging Technology 、 Data Analytics、Cyber Security) (Co-op available)
- Information and Communication Technology
Language, Literature & Performing Arts
- Professional Communication