BC Council for International Education (BCCIE) is a provincial Crown corporation that aid the internationalization efforts of British Columbia’s K-12 schools, colleges and universities and language schools. It mainly promotes international education in and for British Columbia, to enhance British Columbia’s international recognition for quality education, and to support the international education activities of the provincial government.
The 12th annual BCCIE International Education Awards were held on June 25, 2021. The event was part of the BCCIE Virtual Summer Conference 2021. The awards recognized outstanding achievement in the field of International Education.
The grantees represented diverse practitioners in the realm of international education ,whose work has helped position British Columbia as a leader in the marketing, recruitment, development and delivery of innovative global partnerships and support for international students.
The recipients of the 2021 BC Council for International Education Awards were:
Excellence in International Education Marketing
- University Canada West Marketing & Communications Team
Rising Star in International Education Award
- Suraj Shah – Manager, International Marketing and Recruitment, Thompson Rivers University
International Education Distinguished Leadership
- Ronda Bell – District Principal, Qualicum School District
- Kate Jennings – Director, International Student Service, Vancouver Island University
International Education Lifetime Achievement
- Patricia Gartland – Chief Executive Officer/Superintendent of Schools, School District No. 43 (Coquitlam)
- Cyndi McLeod – Chief Executive Officer, Global University Systems Canada
International Education continues to make an impact for international students in Canada. Canada International Student Magazine shows much appreciation for International Education Leaders that is enabling us to serve International Students in and even outside of Canada.