While the Canadian border closure has been extended to the 21, of July and The Federal Government still recommends against non-essential travel, they have made one big announcement.
As of July 5, 2021, International Students who are eligible to travel to Canada will no longer be required to quarantine on arrival if they:
- Are fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine (at least two week prior to entry); these currently include Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
- Provide proof of Vaccination in English, French, or a certified translation
- Provide a negative Covid test pre-arrival and on-arrival
- Provide a suitable quarantine plan, should it be determined at the board that you need to quarantine
- Submit Covid-related data to ArriveCAN App
Government of Canada
Please be sure to check the Government of Canada’s Official Website for the latest updates on Covid-19 Regulations Canada.ca
Disclaimer: The information is directly derived from Government of Canada. The material and information contained on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. Although best efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing, we cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of all information. As information may change without notice, always refer to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.