About Okanagan College
Okanagan College (OC for short) was established in 1963. It is a public comprehensive college recognized by the government of British Columbia, Canada, and the largest public college in the area. Okanagan College offers more than 130 majors, including four-year degree courses, university transfer courses, diplomas, certificates, and English courses. The courses involve science and technology, business, liberal arts, computer, health, social development and other fields. More than 10,000 people are in Study here. Okanagan College has four campuses: Kelowna Kelowna, Penticton, Salmon Arm, and Vernon Funnon. The entire campus is built along Okanagan Lake, surrounded by mountains and rivers.
Sustainable Building Technology Diploma (Two- Year Diploma)
As the built environment changes to sustainable energy, water and carbon future, the need for Sustainable Building Technology is emerging and is therefore a great option for International Students. Delivering healthy and high-performance buildings involves innovation, systems thinking and project management.
What You Learn
You gain the skills to prepare and mobilize building technologies.
- Gain a fundamental understanding of construction concepts, practices and regulations for new and existing structures.
- Measure and assess the sustainability performance of construction projects including embodied and operational carbon, energy savings, and overall human experience.
- Perform effective communication with clients, contractors, building professionals, and municipal authorities through Integrated Project Delivery practices.
This program covers the process and project design of whole systems thinking and multidisciplinary approaches to deliver sustainably built environments. Core course consists of Sustainability, Building Science and Systems, Construction Management and Service Course streams.
Graduates can receive industry accreditations like Natural Resource Canada Energy Advisor or LEED® Green Associate.
Below are some position you can find upon graduation:
- Energy Advisor
- Architectural Technologist
- Sustainability Consultant
- Passive House Designer
- Project Coordinator
The median wage for Environmental Engineer is at $41.03 per hour according to the Government of Canada Job Bank.
Please see the videos below.
See more details about the program here
Source: Environmental Engineer Wage