As you may have heard, Canada re-opened fully vaccinated U.S. travellers on August 9. Next, they intended to re-open to the world, commencing September 7th!
There are still health and safety measures required of fully vaccinated travellers, these include:
- Pre-arrival molecular Covid-19 testing
- Providing details through the ArriveCan App
- Providing a 14 Quarantine Plan (in case you are in fact required to quarantine)
- Covid-19 vaccination Proof (Canada currently recognizes a limited range of vaccines)
More details on travel requirements can be found in the video below:
As Canada prepares to welcome back global travellers, they have re-opened more Canadian airports to international flights.
On August 9th, International flights are permitted to land at the following airports:
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Vancouver International Airport
- Calgary International Airport
- Montréal-Trudeau International Airport
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport
- Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier International Airport
- Edmonton International Airport
- Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport
For those who are not fully vaccinated, but are exempt from travel restrictions to Canada, and 14-day quarantine is still required. This includes international students. In addition to quarantining, un-vaccinated arrivals must provide pre and post-arrival testing. International students should contact their Canadian institution for support arranging their arrival.
All travellers are required to wear a mask on flights to and from Canada, as well as in airports. All arrivals to Canada must also follow the health protocols of their destination.
Source: Government of Canada