The application for universities is getting competitive over the years. While student needs a strong academic background, they also need to go through interviews. For international students, it is challenging because they need to fulfill the requirement for English. However, bridging courses will be a great alternative for them and get used to the university-level courses.
Choosing a Bridge Programs in Canada
Ryerson University is located in Canada’s largest city, Toronto. While Toronto is the economic and financial center of Canada, it offers a range of job opportunities for students to connect with leaders in different fields. Ryerson University (RU) is a well-known comprehensive university that was founded in 1948. Unlike other universities that focus strongly on students’ grades, Ryerson University pays more attention to the hands-on experience for students.
• #12——Comprehensive University Ranking (Macleans Magazine 2021)
• #6-Ontario Business Ranking (Macleans Magazine 2021)
• Provide more than 55 undergraduate and 60 graduate degree programs in 8 departments
• The school has more than 125 research centers, institutions, and laboratories
• One of the largest co-ops paid internships in Canada
• 90% of co-op paid internship program graduates get a job before graduation
The Gateway to entry toRyerson University
RUIC is an international college under Ryerson University, which provides pre-undergraduate courses leading to Ryerson University. The UTPⅡ key courses are specially designed for international students. After completing the first-year study, students can immediately start taking courses in RU as second-year students.
What courses are offered?
There are 3 majors that can be applied for in Liberal Arts (BA), which can be connected to more than 10 majors of Ryerson University.
- Business Management (BComm)-Business Management (BComm)
- International Economics and Finance (BA)- International Economics and Finance (BA)
- Arts (BA)
Students will need to complete at least 10 courses in their majors, with a total of 10-11 credits. This is equivalent to one year of full-time study. In Ontario, colleges and universities use one course = 1 credit.
Why International Students should study at RUIC?
- RUIC is located on the main campus of Ryerson University
- In-person teaching by university professors and college professors
- Courses are all university credit courses
- Small class teaching of 30-40 people
- Access to university facilities and services (including libraries, computer laboratories, recreational facilities, on-campus accommodation and health services)
- Academic counseling, personal support
- January, May, September, 3 times a year
- Satisfy the admission GPA in the admission notice, unlimited quota, guaranteed admission
- Received the joint admission notice for the RUIC bridge course and Ryerson University related degree sophomore course study
Wilfrid Laurier University
Another college students can choose is Wilfrid Laurier International college, helping students to transfer to Wilfrid Laurier University.
Wilfrid Laurier University is located in Waterloo, Southern Ontario, it is the most prosperous area in southwestern Ontario. It has well-developed transportation. At the same time, Waterloo is also known as the “Silicon Valley” of Canada, which is home to numerous headquarters, such as BlackBerry Headquarters, Google R&D Center, Apple, Microsoft, etc.
Wilfrid Laurier University is a well-known public university in Canada and was named after Sir. Wilfrid Laurier, the seventh Prime Minister of Canada. The teacher-faculty ratio is 1:25, allowing students to develop an intimate relationship with their professors for academic and life guidance. It also covers a wide range of majors. it is famous for its high hourly wages and its connections with many multinational companies and institutions.
- #6-Comprehensive University (Mccollin Magazine 2021)
- #5-Canadian student satisfaction (Mccollin Magazine 2021)
- #5-Extracurricular activities in Canadian universities (Mccollin 2021)
- #10-Canadian experiential learning
- Provide 80+ undergraduate majors, 19,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, with a teacher-student ratio of 1:23
- 94.5% of international graduates find a job or study for graduate school
The Gateway to entry toWilfrid Laurier University
Starting from September 2021, Wilfrid Laurier International College is referred to as WLIC. Laurier International College will provide international students with undergraduate preparatory courses (UTP first stage) and international freshman bridge courses (UTP second stage) on the Banford campus to help International students successfully admitted to Laurel University.
Why International Students should study at WLIC?
- Shared university facilities – access to university facilities and services (including libraries, computer laboratories, recreational facilities, on-campus accommodation and health services)
- Life-wide learning and life support – students can enjoy on-campus guidance and support for individuals and academics, as well as assistance in the transition period from preparatory to degree study, as well as guidance and support for on-campus accommodation, homestay or off-campus accommodation.
- Flexible admission requirements – the school supports multiple English scores such as IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo, and closed tests.