The English Language Centre of the University of Victoria(UVic) has been offering intensive English courses since 1970. They are now one of the most extensive on-campus English schools in Canada. Their students are coming from more than 30 countries to attend classes for one to three months each year. Depending on their career plan, students will choose different study projects.
University of Victoria Pathway Program for International Students
The first year of the UVic Pathway Program enables students to complete their first year degree in the Faculty of Social Sciences, Science, or Engineering while meeting UVic’s English language requirements.
What Are the Advantages for International Students?
- Full-time: 12-month program
- Choose from 2 streams: “Canadian Career” (includes pre-Business) or “Science and Engineering”
- Seven first-year courses = 10.5 “credits” (full-year = 12 credits)
- Victoria University Curriculum and Academic Advisor
- Academic support through labs and tutorials
- Smaller classes
- Specialized Workshops
- World-class athletic and recreation centre (CARSA) + 30 sport clubs
- 200 student clubs and 40 course unions
- The UVic library, International Commons and computing facilities
- The Student Wellness Centre
- The Centre for Academic Communication
- The Math & Stats Assistance Centre
Admission Requirement for International Students
- Language requirements (meet one of the following)
- CAEL 50 with no band below 40
- IELTS 5.5 with no band below 5.0
- TOEFL 71 with no band less than 15
- Pass level 410 of the 12-week ELC ELPI course
- English Language Centre Internal Test: B1
*Academic requirements are the same as Victoria’s undergraduate admission requirements above.