Spring break is almost here and it’s time to think about travel. Where should we go in Canada to have fun spending time with your friends and family? The best places for a memorable trip range from urban landscapes to the wilderness.
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia
Thanks to its ample sunshine and dry, sandy soil, the Okanagan Valley is one of Canada’s top wine-growing regions in the spring. There are nearly 200 wineries in the area, many of them internationally acclaimed. You can also enjoy hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding along the abandoned Kettle Valley Railway along lakes, farms, and vineyards on the Okanagan.
Okanagan Valley Experience Providers
Nichol Vineyard (Winery)
- Address: 1285 Smethurst Rd, Naramata, BC
- Hours: Mon-Sun 11a.m. – 5p.m. (Closed over Winter)
Kettle Valley Rail Trail (Bike Ride)
- Address: 120-888 Westminster Ave West Penticton, BC
- Hours: Mon-Fri 9a.m. – 4p.m. (closed on Sat & Sun)
Banff Sunshine Village, Alberta
This big resort is just 20 minutes from Banff, one of the prettiest mountain towns in the Canadian Rockies. Choose from dozens of activities–sleigh rides, ice skating, snowshoeing– and ride all day. Shopping, spa-ing, dining, drinking, dancing, and soaking in hot springs are also available.
- Address: 1 Sunshine Access Road, Banff, AB
- Hours: Mon-Sun 9a.m. – 4p.m.
If you’re looking for urban sophistication and big-city culture, head for Downtown Toronto, Canada’s largest city. A visit to this metropolis is an opportunity to shop, enjoy art and shows, and see and eat delicious food and drinks. Experience a sporting event in the arena, take a ferry to nearby islands, or attend a live concert. Niagara Falls can easily be added as a side trip.
The places to visit in Toronto
Hockey Hall of Fame (Museum)
- Address: 30 Yonge St. Toronto, ON
- Hours: Mon-Fri 10a.m. – 4p.m.
- You can join a tour to Niagara Falls from Toronto and the tickets start at $99 per person!
St Lawrence Market (Shopping)
- Address: 93 Front St E, Toronto, ON
- Hours: Tue-Fri 9a.m. – 5p.m. (closed on Sun & Mon)
Late winter in the Yukon Territory is spectacular as the light takes on an ethereal glow under the stars. Wildlife viewing and northern light watching are popular activities.
Top Attractions in Yukon
- Address: Takhini Hot Springs Rd, YT
- Hours: Mon-Fri 11:30a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Address: 1124 Front St, Whitehorse, YT
- Hours: Tue-Fri 10a.m. – 3p.m. (closed on Sun & Mon)
If you are interested in the Northern Lights
- Address: 41 Gentian Ln, Whitehorse, YT
- Hours: Mon-Fri 8a.m. – 9p.m
- Address: Watson Lake, YT
- Hours: Mon-Fri 8a.m. – 9p.m.
Need More Ideas?
Travel Measures in Canada
Please check the government website for any measures before you travel.
- Adjustments to border measures (As of February 28, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. EST)