Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU) is the largest private comprehensive university in New Jersey, founded in 1942. It is the first university in the United States to have an overseas campus and the first university to provide global distance education. It was named the best value college in the northern United States in 2020.
FDU has about 12,000 undergraduates and more than 1,000 international students enrolled in their undergraduate and graduate programs. In addition, FDU has four campuses near New York City, Northern New Jersey, Vancouver, and Oxford (United Kingdom).
The Vancouver campus was established in 2007 and is the first overseas university approved by the Canadian government to grant degrees in Canada as an American university. The Vancouver campus uses the same standards and system for their degrees, course curriculum, certification, and transcripts as FDU. As a result, they provide two options for students who want to study in American universities or immigrate to Canada. The degree is also recognized by both the Canadian and US governments.
The business school in Vancouver campus is well-known as it has been accredited by AACSB, the highest accredited business school in the world.
Why Choose the FDU Vancouver Campus
- The curriculum is the same from one campus to another and their degrees are recognized in Canada and the United States.
- The curriculum is compact and students can earn both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in 5 years.
- More career resources, career guidance, internship opportunities, and more career-related services equip students for their future job searches for FDU students.
- Partnership with the United Nations and provides opportunities for internships in global academic seminars, business development, training, and other activities.
- The campus is located in Downtown Vancouver, with convenient transportation and cultural and entertainment life.
- Recognized by the Canadian government, students can apply for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) after graduation.
Recommended Majors at FDU Vancouver Campus
Master of Administrative Science (MAS)
- The Master of Management Science (MAS) is the most popular master’s program at FDU’s Vancouver campus. The program helps students develop competencies in management effectiveness through case studies, practical simulations, group work discussions, and field trips.
Advantage of MAS
The Master of Management Science is a two-year program, with 30 credits, taught in 6 areas of specialization, covering most global needs. Professional courses focus on practical and theoretical concepts while improving the administrative, analytical, and decision-making skills of students.
The 6 areas of expertise covered are:
- Global Technology Management
- Computer security and judicial management
- Global Health and Human Services Management
- Global Management and Administration
- Human resource management
- Emergency management
The program can lead to job opportunities in hospitals, computers, and software, government and administration, tourism and hospitality, retail, manufacturing, export, and government agencies.
- Have a university diploma
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (B)
- 2 letters of recommendation (optional)
- CV (recommended)
- 3 essay questions related to “Personal Interests” and “Career Goals”
- IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in each banding
Date of Application
- Every April, August, and December (Starting from 2020 April)
FAR and MAF Programs
Starting spring of 2023, if academic scores meet the admission requirements, but the English scores are not met, students can transition through FAR or MAF. Regardless of whether students complete these two courses, they can directly enter the MAS course for study.
Foundations in Academic Research (FAR)
International students with an overall IELTS score of 6.5 (no single banding less than 6.0) who wish to improve their English academic skills and study the Master of Management Science program can enroll in the Foundation for Academic Research (FAR).
FAR is like other regular courses. It includes two academic courses: Financial Management and Management Theory and Practice; hey are a Master’s level courses for students to learn foundational skills in research, academic writing, and oral communication. At the end of the program, students will be awarded six credits for the MAS degree program.
Master Academic Foundations (MAF)
International students who want to improve their English academic skills and want to study the Master of Management Science program can apply for the Master’s Academic Foundation (MAF). They also need an IELTS overall score of 6.0 (no single banding less than 5.5) to apply for the program.
The Master’s Academic Foundations is a semester long course composed of three different courses for 12 hours per week. At the end of the program, students will be awarded three credits for the MAS degree program.
*Students will be placed in different classrooms based on their English placement test results.