Saskatchewan Polytechnic was founded in 1988, formerly known as the Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science and Technology SIAST. It is the only public college in Saskatchewan and one of the members of the Polytechnics Canada. It has 4 campuses located in Regina, Saskatoon, Prince Albert, and Moose Jaw.
There are 11 schools on campus which include the following: School of Business, Joseph A. Remai School of Construction, School of Continuing Education, School of Health Sciences, School of Hospitality and Tourism, School of Human Services and Community Safety, School of Information and Communications Technology, School of Mining, Energy and Manufacturing, School of Natural Resources and Built Environment, School of Nursing, and School of Transportation.
Saskatchewan Polytechnic also offers more than 150 certificates, diplomas, degrees and graduate programs for students. They have about 15,000 full-time students and more than 1,600 international students.
Why Choose Us?
- Variety options of different majors
- Embracing the English learning environment
- Small-class teaching approach
- Hands-on experiences
- Affordable Tuition Fees
- Transferable credits to other universities
- High employment rate
RNIP (Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot) is a five-year pilot residency program that helps remote areas and northern communities to attract and retain new immigrants to develop the local economy and labour market in 11 main Canadian communities. The Moose Jaw campus is one of these 11 communities. Therefore, graduates can apply for Canadian citizenship through the RNIP.
The requirements for this project
- Schools and majors selected by international students
- Two or more years of coursework in selected community public schools with a Diploma
- Get a local full-time job
- Meet the minimum language requirements for the type of work (IELTS 4-5.5 points)
- Get recommendations letter from the community
Introduction of Moose Jaw campus
- Population: 35,697 (2020)
- Area: 46.82 square kilometers
- 40-minute driving distance from Regina, the capital of Saskatchewan
- Developed railway hub and logistics center
- Main economic sectors for the following fields: Agriculture, agricultural production, processing, mining, transportation (road and rail), tourism and medical services
- Rich and diverse, traditional and modern small town
- About 2,800 students, 250 faculty members
- 18 majors (certificates, diplomas, postgraduates) covering the field of industrial economics and the enrollment date are in September and January each year
Health Care Cook Certificate
This certificate allows students to learn how to interact with patients and adjust their diets to meet nutritional needs according to their medical conditions. Students will learn practical culinary skills with theoretical knowledge to come up with healthy recipes for their patients.
This is a 39-week certificate program. Students will gain experience in the following fields:
- General cooking skills
- Menu planning
- Special diet
- Special event planning
- Communication skills
- Kitchen operation
- Safety and hygiene
- Health care system
After graduating from this program, students can work full-time or part-time in hospitals, long-term care homes, and personal care homes. The average annual salary varies from CAD $25,000 to $39,600.
Retail Meat Specialist Certificate
The Retail Meat Specialist Certificate is a certificate program offered on the Prince Albert campus. Through this innovative program, students will get the hands-on experience needed to work with meat cutting facilities.
Students will learn about food safety in the following fields:
- Muscle and bone structure
- Prepare pork, beef, lamb and poultry
- Cured and smoked meats
- Selling seafood
- Value-added oven finished products
- Environmental hygiene
Students will also have a two-week internship, which is an important part of the program. It provides students with the opportunity to apply theory to practice. Students will also have the opportunity to pass meat at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Market-like jobs to further develop their skills.
- Graduated from grade 10 or equivalent
- IELTS 6.5 or equivalent