A great way to stay productive during the summer is to join an adventurous yet informative summer camp! British Columbia’s natural beauty, vast spaces and diverse culture allow several varied experiences ranging from skill-building to pure fun. Richmond International Education’s 3-week summer camp offers all of these. If this event interests you, keep reading to find out more!
About the Summer Camp
The 3-week summer camp is hosted by Richmond International Education (RIE). By exploring landmarks, parks and popular destinations in and around Vancouver and Richmond, students will be able to learn and practice their English. The summer camp will also include interactive activities and informative lessons taught by certified BC curriculum teachers.
- Round 1: July 4 to July 22
- Round 2: July 25 to August 12
- 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM daily
- Available to students between Grade 3 and 12
- If students in kindergarten, Grade 1, and 2 are interested, please contact us.
- $2,355 per student for each 3-week program (fee includes tuition and insurance)
- A homestay option is available for an additional $1,100 (fee includes a refundable placement fee and $100 custodianship fee)
Registrations are available online. You must also provide the following required documents (listed below) in PDF format.
- A recent photo of the applicant taken in the last 12 months
- Picture page of the applicant’s Passport or Personal Identification
- Picture page AND the signature page of the signing parent’s Passport or Personal Identification
- Signed Declaration of Eligibility
- Full program fees by credit card
Students will be able to arrange a homestay through the RIE Homestay Program. This program will only be available to students between Grades 8 and 12.
Students will also be able to arrange a private homestay. They should aim to find a local family in Vancouver or Richmond.
Where will students visit?
Places that the RIE summer camps have visited in the past include:
- Burnaby Heritage Village
- Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge
- Science World
- Vancouver Aquarium
- Adventure and Peace Arch Park
- Granville Island
Please note that destinations vary each year. Places you visit may or may not include the above locations.
Why Choose the RIE program in Richmond?
Unlike other summer programs, which are often run by community centers and private organizations, RIE is the Richmond School District’s branch of education for international students wishing to learn English and achieve their educational goals. RIE’s summer camp is especially ideal for students of all ages who wish to start or continue working on their English language skills, all while enjoying the west coast Canadian cultural and social climate.
The location of Richmond is also ideal for the following reasons: there are plenty of parks, playgrounds, and activities to do. The grid of inviting community centers is easily accessible, the city itself is surrounded by water and mountains, and the proximity to YVR International Airport is seen as a plus by many residents. Richmond is also one of the most diverse cities in Canada, and continuously welcomes students from all over the world to come and learn about the nation’s history.