Thompson Rivers University, known as TRU for short, is a comprehensive public university in the Sunshine Valley of Kamloops, BC. The school’s main campus covers an area of 250 acres and is approximately 365 kilometers from Vancouver. Thompson Rivers University is also an emerging university in BC and is known as one of the most international universities in Canada.
Thompson Rivers University was founded as Cariboo College in 1970. Cariboo College was recognized for its outstanding education by students and the educational community, including the Canadian BC Provincial Government, the Canadian Association of Universities, and other colleges. It became University in 1989 and changed its name to
Thompson Rivers University in 2005. TRU offers doctoral, master’s, and bachelor’s degrees, various diplomas, certificate programs, university transfer credit courses, and English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.
Why choose a Master’s Program?
Help improve your career.
- A master’s degree can improve your career prospects and impress industry employers with highly recognized master’s degrees.
Study and work with industry-leading experts and scholars.
- In the postgraduate stage, the tutors are often leading experts and scholars in the industry, and the classmates are also future elites with straightforward plans for the future like you. Whether it is to improve one’s professionalism or to establish interpersonal networks, postgraduate study is a good choice.
Advantages for future immigrants.
- The Canadian EE scoring standard is 135 points for masters and 120 for undergraduates. A master’s degree is 15 points higher than an undergraduate degree. If you are under 29, students will have “475 points” if they work for one year and earn a 7 in the IELTS G class.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Whether the goal is to launch your startup, gain an edge in a competitive job market, or have a higher salary, TRU’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) provides the real-life and theoretical knowledge needed to prepare students for their business future.
TRU’s MBA develops leaders and managers who can meet the challenges of today’s marketplace. The course focuses on decision-making in uncertain environments, interpersonal and communication skills, ethics and social responsibility, and globalization.
This MBA program offered by TRU is one of the most flexible MBA programs in Canada. Even if students do not have any prior work experience, they can choose both on-campus or online courses (online courses are only available in Canada) and full-time or part-time. The length of study can also be customized according to individual circumstances, up to a maximum of 7 years. The available course modes include course-based, graduate project, and graduate thesis, and the graduation methods are flexible and diverse. School starts three times a year, September, January, and May.
Enrollment time: September, January, May
Possible Career Paths
- Management Consultant
- Investment Banker
- Management Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Graduated with a 3- or 4-year undergraduate degree (with a GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 credits)
- IELTS 7.0, no subscore below 6.5 (TOEFL 100, no subscore 20) or University completed and obtained an undergraduate degree in a country where English is the first language or TRU ENGL 1100 and CMNS 1290, with a grade of B or higher.
- No work experience is required.
Master in Environmental Economics and Management（MEEM）and Master of Science in Environmental Economics and Management （MScEEM）(subheading)
The Master of Management in Environmental Economics (MEEM) and the Master of Science in Environmental Economics and Management (MScEEM) are specializations established to meet the urgent global need for environmentally responsible and sustainable business practices.
Preparing students to meet the needs of international public and private organizations by learning the management practices and research skills needed to balance economic needs with environmental sustainability, thereby preparing students to become managers who can build and support business models that balance the planet and profit.
Both majors provide students with an understanding of the business environment, advanced management skills, and expertise in the field, helping students compete and succeed in the emerging field of environmentally sustainable economics and management in the business sector.
The main difference between MEEM and MScEEM is graduation requirements. MEEM’s graduation requirements require the completion of additional MBA-related courses in addition to the completion of majors. On the other hand, graduation requirements for MScEEM include a thesis or project. Therefore, for students who are willing to obtain a doctorate in the future, it is more suitable to choose MScEEM.
Source: TRU official website