Vancouver Community College (VCC for short) is located in downtown Vancouver, BC, Canada. It is the largest and oldest government-recognized public community college in the province. Vancouver Community College offers various programs, including certificates, diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees and postgraduate diplomas. VCC is also known for its high graduate employment rate while having Its curriculum focused on the needs of society. Students usually spend two or three academic years finishing their programs.
Hospitality Management Post-Degree Diploma
The Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Hospitality Management is designed to engage students directly in the hospitality and tourism environment through interactive seminars, group discussions, case studies, career development and authentic learning activities.
- Identify and explain emerging trends in various sectors of the hospitality industry
- Apply human resource management and organizational behaviour concepts to effectively attract, develop, and hire professional, competitive hotel employees
- Apply professional and ethical standards to corporate, social and environmental responsibility
- Act professionally and ethically with industry standards while communicating effectively and efficiently with all stakeholders, including employees, suppliers, customers, owners and industry networks
- Apply advanced business knowledge and concepts to make feasible business decisions
- Demonstrate a level of interpersonal and intercultural awareness that contributes to positive workplace culture
- Use critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiation skills to make sound hotel management decisions
- Apply employment, industrial relations, health and safety, and legislative privacy standards in your work as a hospitality professional
Future Career Planning
Working at hotels, resorts, restaurants, food and beverage outlets, cruises, sports management, event management, meeting services, meeting planning, travel and more!
- Graduated from a Bachelor’s program
- IELTS Academic 6.0 (no single banding below 6.0)