The University of Windsor is located in Windsor, Ontario, the southernmost city in Canada. It was founded in 1857 and became one of Canada’s oldest and most well-known universities. It is the first university in Canada to offer mechanical engineering and automotive engineering. The University of Windsor is a comprehensive public university with more than 200 majors, including 65 master’s majors and nine departments; a medium-sized university with 16,600 students, 23% of international students from more than 100 countries – 26:1 students. The /faculty ratio allows for close interaction between students and professors, strong peer support and teamwork.
Why Choosing The University of Windsor
- Geographical location
- Canada’s southernmost city – one of the best and mildest weather in Canada
- The busiest commercial border crossing between the U.S. and Canada – North American International Logistics Center – handles more than 30% of trade between Canada and the U.S.
- The closest city to the United States, less than a 5-minute drive from downtown Detroit, Michigan (the largest city in Michigan and a major cultural center in the United States)
- Windsor is Canada’s automation capital.
- Canada’s six safest cities – Canada’s four most diverse cities after Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal – Ontario’s lowest cost of living.
- The University of Windsor is ranked 13th among Canadian comprehensive universities, 3rd for student services, and in the top 3% in the world rankings (QS Rankings 2021)
- Odette School of Business with AASCB, fully accredited with CPA, CPHR and SCMA (Supply Chain Management Association) accreditations
- #9 School of Engineering, all programs are CEAB (Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board) accredited Professional Engineer designation.
- #11 Canadian Computer Science Program
- #2 Canadian Kinesiology / Kinesiology
- #10 Communication, Media and Film in Canada
4. Learning Approach
- Combining with experiential learning such as co-ops, internships, field trips, internships, etc
5. Employment Rate
- 96% graduate employment rate within six months of graduation
- Undergraduate Entrance Scholarship Up to $36,000 for four academic years
- Faculty of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
2. Faculty of Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Engineering
3. Faculty of Science
- Bachelor of Mathematics in Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Master of Medical Biotechnology
- Master of Applied Computing
English Language Improvement Program
The English Language Improvement Program at the University of Windsor, or ELIP for short, is designed for international students whose English language scores do not meet the entry requirements or do not have English test scores. If students complete the ELIP before starting their undergraduate degree, they can still be accepted into the degree program they are applying for. Students can also get a student visa with conditional admission!
Undergraduate Programs at the University of Windsor in January and May 2023
For general admission requirements, please refer to the page:
Undergraduate Programs apply for students with the following goals/ meet the criteria.
- High school graduates (K-12 students, recent graduates or gap high school graduates)
- Current university students wishing to transfer credits to complete their degree in Canada (WES assessment not required – UWindsor has an internal assessment service)
- University graduates who want to pursue a second bachelor’s degree in a different field – complete a second bachelor’s degree at the University of Windsor in just 1-2 years
Available Second degree at University of Windsor and duration
- Bachelor of Commerce – Business Administration 2 years
- Bachelor of Science – Computer Science (General) 1 year
- Bachelor of Science – Computer Science (Honours/Applied Computing) 2 years
- Bachelor of Social Work – Professional component 2 years
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology 1.5-2 years
In addition, the school also offers a one-year graduate honour certificate program. This course is suitable for students who will continue to study for a master’s degree in engineering.
- Civil Engineering Honorary Certificate
- Electrical Engineering Certificate of Honor
- Environmental Engineering Honorary Certificate
- Certificate of Honor in Industrial and Management Engineering