Christmas and New Year’s Eve can be some of the most exciting days of the year! Canada’s vibrant cultural diversity can support you and your loved ones. Here are some ideas of places to celebrate New years’ eve in Canada. Enjoy a dazzling firework display and brightly lit streets filled with happy faces!
Polar Bear Swim – Vancouver
Vancouver New Year’s tradition is finally back! The Polar Bear Swim at English Bay Beach is Metro Vancouver’s largest New Year’s Day swimming event. In the early afternoon of New Year’s Day, thousands of people usually gather at English Bay Beach in Vancouver’s West End. It doesn’t matter if it’s raining or sunny. Vancouverites show up to participate or watch a funny Canadian tradition. Approximately two thousand people arrive with swimsuits underneath their clothes, while others carry cameras and are dressed in costumes. Enjoy your first swim in 2023!
- When: January 1st, 2023, from 12:00 until 4:00 pm
- Where: English Bay Beach
- Register at the City of Vancouver website before you join
Whistler’s New Year’s Eve Celebrations – Whistler
Whistler is one of the most famous ski resorts in the world! There will be a full day of entertainment and activities that will culminate in an early countdown and fireworks display in Skier’s Plaza. This event can be enjoyed by all ages! You don’t need to worry about driving after enjoying events in Whistler. Between 5 and 3:30 AM, you can take free public transit within the Village.
- When: December 31, 2022, from 11 am until 9 pm
- Where: Whistler Village
- Fireworks display at 9 PM
- Check more details at their official website
Niagara Falls WINTER FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS – Niagara
The Niagara Falls area is transformed into a winter wonderland with spectacular illuminations! There are fireworks displayed over American and Canadian Horseshoe Falls during the holiday season. On December 31st, watch as thousands of dazzling points of light fill the night sky as the colours of the illuminated falls appear.
- When: December 31, 2022 (Event is available November 12, 2022, to February 20, 2023)
- Where: Queen Victoria Park at Niagara Falls
- Fireworks: 8 pm. Check the schedule from here.
New Year’s Eve Family Fun Fest – Moncton
As part of the December 31st festivities, live music will take place on the Atlantic Lottery Community Proud Stage, where the Canada vs. Sweden game will be broadcast live in Halifax. Fireworks will be displayed, and a ball drop will ring in 2023! Take advantage of the Ian Fowler Oval rink by bringing your skates and enjoying skating under the stars!
- When: December 31, 2022
- Where: Downtown Place, 150 Canada St, Moncton
- Live viewing: TEAM CANADA vs. Sweden from 7:30 pm until 10 pm
- Ball drop and fireworks display: Midnight
- More detailed info is available here
Glow Gardens Family New Year’s Eve Celebration – Halifax
Thousands of lights will twinkle as Halifax’s Big Fish will perform live music and dance at Glow Gardens on New Year’s Eve! The tour begins with a visit to the light gardens, followed by the new interactive Fun Land, and culminates with a New Year’s Eve celebration.
- When: December 31, 2022, from 4:00 pm until 8:00 pm
- Where: Halifax Exhibition Centre
- Fireworks: 8:15 PM (Family) & 12:15 AM (Adult)
- Tickets are available at their website
Disclaimer: The information is obtained directly from the websites that appear in the source section. The information has been gathered as accurately as possible at the time of writing, but we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, please check their official website and digital channels.