Have you ever wondered what it’s like to build a business? Or what makes a business’ products in demand and popular? With brand awareness and customer acquisition becoming more and more important, there’s no doubt that marketing plays a significant role in the success of these businesses. Keep reading to find out how you could jumpstart your career with a marketing degree!
About the program
BCIT’s two-year Marketing Management program has everything you need to be a successful marketer. With informative courses, consulting projects, real-world learning and hands-on experiences, students will graduate with knowledge of marketing communications, tourism, professional sales, real estate, entrepreneurship and more.
In Year 1 of the program, students will explore a variety of fields in marketing while gaining a strong understanding of business education. These fields include integrated marketing, communications for global and local markets, computer skills, internet marketing basics, business communications, technical sales, and more.
Students will also attend industry events that will potentially help them decide on a marketing concentration, known as an option. In the second term of the first year, students will then be invited to select a specialization they would like to focus on. Students have the option to extend their enrollment in the program by an additional year.
How it works
Each week, students will spend at least 25 hours in class, with many more hours spent working on related assignments and projects. Students will also dedicate time towards:
- Team activities
- “Teamwork is a core value in the School of Business, as it is in the business world.”
- Team activities will help with delegation, goal-setting and leadership skills valued in the real world.
- Presentations will help students build confidence in their public speaking skills and present personal and/or unique views to others.
Students have the option of expanding their learning by joining student organizations like ENACTUS BCIT and the BCIT Marketing Association. Through these organizations, students will be able to take on leadership roles and network with others.
What kind of courses can I take?
The program offers a variety of topics related to marketing, including:
- Business law
- Organizational Behaviour
- Principles of Management
- Professional Sales Skills
To be considered for the program, applicants must meet all entrance requirements. Applications will be reviewed on a first-qualified basis, meaning that BCIT will offer program seats to applicants in order of the time and date that it determines they have met all of the admission requirements. As space is limited, applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- English – two years of education in English in an English-speaking country with one of the following:
- Complete English 12 (or equivalent with the percentage required for your program) and two years of full-time education in English in an English-speaking country
- Complete courses/assessments from:
Learn more about BCIT’s English requirements and equivalencies here.
- Math – one of the following:
- Option preference – choose one of the following in your online application:
- Undecided – I will declare in the second term of the program
- Marketing Communications
- Professional Real Estate
- Professional Sales
- Tourism Management
Length of program: 2 years
Start of program: September (every year)
Campus location: Burnaby
Tuition & Fees
See here for a full breakdown of tuition and other program fees.
How to apply
To submit your application…
- Include proof (documentation, certifications, etc.) that you meet all entrance requirements
- Convert all transcripts and supporting documents to PDF files
- Pay the application fee with a credit card
Source: BCIT Marketing Management