September is here, which means it is time to go back to school for many students! As you navigate your way through your school campus, student parking is a common payment students must focus on when starting a semester. Owning a car can be wonderful, although finding parking might not provide the most enjoyable moments. If you intend to drive your car to school daily, securing a reasonable parking location could be a primary item on your agenda.
The cost of student parking can vary significantly from one university to another, and even within different parking options offered by the same institution. Factors that influence the expense of student parking include the location of the university, the available parking facilities, the demand for parking spaces, and the overall cost of living in the area. In some cases, universities offer a range of parking permit options with different price points. For example, students might have the choice of purchasing a full-year permit, a semester permit, or a more affordable option for parking in peripheral lots that require a longer walk to campus. Join us, as we help guide you on these well-known school institutions, and their parking fee details.
If a student would like to receive a Daily Parking Pass, they will need to input their license plate number. Displaying the receipt in your vehicle while parking on campus is not necessary.
- $1.00 for 30 minutes to a maximum of 90 minutes
- $5.00 for all-day
- $58.00 Monthly
- Spring Semester: $190.00 (Jan.1st, -April 30th)
- Summer Semester: $190.00 (May 1st-Aug 31st)
- Fall Semester: $190.00 (September 1st-Dec 31st)
BCIT has multiple campuses and can range in different prices depending on time of day, and vehicle. More details are shown below!
BCIT Burnaby Campus
- Per day – E-permit PaybyPhone (Location 924)- $9.25
- Per week E-permit PaybyPhone (Location 924)- $32.50
- Per month – E-permit PaybyPhone (Location 924)- $130.00
- Flex Pass – HONK 10 pack – $65.00
- Flex Pass – HONK 20 pack – $130.00
BCIT Downtown Campus
- Vehicles Daily parking Monday to Friday 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. – $20.25
- Daily parking Saturday/Sunday 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. – $12.00
- Student/Public evening parking Vehicles – evening parking 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. – $12.00
- Student/Public hourly parking Vehicles – hourly parking Monday to Friday 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. – $8.50
BCIT Aerospace Technology Campus
E-Permit – Student/Public parking lot:
- Vehicles – Per day – E-permits – $7.10
- Vehicles – Per week – E-permits – $26.60
- Vehicles – Per month – E-permits – $105.35
Pay Station – Student/Public Parking Lot:
- Vehicles Hourly parking is $3.75
- Daily parking 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. – $6.75
BCIT Marine Campus
Student/Public daily parking Vehicles
- Daily Parking 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. – $6.50
BCIT Centre for Applied Research & Innovation
E-Permit – Student/Public parking lot
Per day – E-permit PaybyPhone – $9.25
Per week E-permit PaybyPhone – $32.50
Per month – E-permit PaybyPhone – $130.00
Flex Pass – HONK 10 pack – $65.00
Flex Pass – HONK 20 pack – $130.00
Pay station – Student/Public parking lot Vehicles
- Daily Parking – $9.25
Langara’s parking is managed by Impark utilizing a license plate registration approach. Just input your license plate number while making payment at the meter. Select the desired parking rate option and follow the onscreen instructions to pay by coin or credit card. You do not need to display your receipt.
Payment can be made at any parking meter on campus.
- $1.50 per half hour
- $3.50 for 4 hours
- $7.00 all day (until lots close)
- $3.50 flat rate after 5:00 pm
- $3.50 daily flat rate on weekends
Before utilizing the College parking facilities, make certain that you possess a valid College ID, as there might be a request for its presentation. If you’re at Douglas College for official purposes and lack a College ID, you might need to explain your campus visit to the security personnel.
- Hourly $2.00 (to a daily maximum of $5.50)
- Daily $5.50
- Student semester ePermit $180
Parking pass is valid for one semester and one car only (at Coquitlam College Campus) Semester-wise parking charges are charged $40 when issued during the first month of each new semester.
Semester-wise parking charges increase to $60 when issued from the second month of each semester. Accepted payment Visa/MC/Debit cards. (No cash transactions.)
Parking pass timings:
- Monday-Friday 9:00 am to 1:30 pm; 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
- Lunch break – 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm
It’s important to research the specific policies and costs related to student parking at your particular university. Universities often provide this information on their official websites or through their parking services department. Additionally, some universities are exploring alternative transportation options, such as public transit partnerships, bike-sharing programs, and carpool incentives, to mitigate the financial burden of parking on students and promote sustainable commuting practices.
Do your best to decide what rates fit you the most!
Source: Langara. Campus & Facilities: Parking & Transportation: Parking: Rates & Payment Options, Parking and Transit | KPU.ca, Parking | Douglas College, Bookstore Services – Coquitlam College. Campus Parking – BCIT